Jailbreak’s 5th Anniversary Party with Ballyhoo!
September 14 @ 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Doors open at 4 p.m. Edjacated Phools kick off the party at 5 p.m., followed by Jah Works. Ballyhoo! takes the stage around 8 p.m.
This year, we’re stepping it up with an outdoor stage. (But in the case of inclement weather, we’ll move things indoors!).
And we’re working on some exciting brews that’ll be exclusive to the party, available in 16 oz. cans and on draft.
- Lemon Meringue Funk, our Lemon Meringue Berliner Weisse – we took our base Funk Sway and added lactose during the boil to give a more substantial body and added lemon zest in the whirpool, plus lemon juice to the fermentor post-fermentation, to amplify the lemon characters the base beer already has.
- Oats & Toffee & Chocolate & Stuff, our Imperial Oat Milk Stout with Toffee and Chocolate – Inspired by the classic Heath Bar, we added toffee, liquid cacao, lactose, and vanilla in our latest Oats & Stuff variant
- Bruh Hymn, our Hazy Double IPA – An all Australian-hop (Galaxy, Vic Secret, and Enigma) DIPA with an oat-heavy malt bill
We’re even adding in a Barrel-Aged Beer tent, packed with seven barrel-aged beauties. The first will also be available in cans; the rest is very limited draft-only.
- Barleywine is Beer, our English-Style Barleywine Aged in Maple Syrup Bourbon Barrels – a total of 8 barrels, in which the Barleywine had been aging for over a year, were blended together.
- Barleywine with Coffee is Still Beer, our English-Style Barleywine Aged in Maple Syrup Bourbon Barrels with Coffee Added – we slipstreamed 4 bbls of the Barleywine, blending with Ceremony Coffee’s single origin Ethiopia Siko and subsequently “dry-beaning” for two days with whole beans.
- Last Chance to Throw Out Ideas for the Collab Beer Name, our Imperial Stout Aged for over 18 months in Syrah Barrels, brewed in collaboration with Evil Twin Brewing
- 2018 Dusk Till Dusk, our Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout – the 2018 installment is a blend of imperial stouts and barleywine that had been aging in 14 select bourbon, rum, and rye whiskey barrels, two of which are more than four years old!
- 2018 Coffee Dusk Till Dusk, our Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout with Coffee – we took the 2018 installment and added Ceremony Coffee’s 2018 Annual Holiday Blend.
- Jack Daniel’s Barrel-Aged Dusk Till Dusk – In 2018, Whiskey Library DC hand-selected a single barrel of Jack Daniel’s for bottling. Later, the group graciously passed along the empty barrel for us to fill and we were more than happy to oblige. We took the base beer of Dusk till Dusk, which had previously spent seven months in a barrel from the DC-based distillery, Joseph Magnus, and then racked it into the Jack barrel—inevitably making our beloved imperial barrel-aged stout, a double-barrel-aged beer.
- Rye Whiskey BA Van Dammit – After resting in Sagamore Rye Whiskey barrels for 27 months, Van Dammit becomes an entirely different beast—deep impressions of candied fruitcake, English toffee, and concord grape jelly lay atop a firm platform of pleasurable oak tannin, thereby providing both structure and an overall balance of flavor that can only be achieved through long-term maturation.
Pre-release tickets are $15, available until Friday, August 9th. General admission tickets are $20—on sale Saturday, August 10th. Tickets are non-refundable.
Attendees must be 21+. IDs will be checked at the door.
Tickets go on sale Friday, July 26th at noon. To purchase, visit https://whatsuptix.com/events/Jailbreaks-5th-Anniversary-Party-9-14-2019
About the music:
Hailing from Aberdeen, Ballyhoo! has spent the last decade grinding away relentlessly on the road while refining their reggae-infused punk rock sound. Appealing to fans of all ages, their seamless blend of island vibes, high-energy rock, and catchy melodies have set them apart from the pack. Ballyhoo! has toured with likes of 311, Dirty Heads, Iration, and Less Than Jake to name a few. 2018 tour highlights include full tours with Fortunate Youth and Reel Big Fish, as well as a successful nationwide Summer headlining tour.
Jah Works is a true grassroots success story that emerged from Baltimore’s reggae scene over 20 years ago. This is music made by and for lovers of real, authentic reggae music. Consistently performing hundreds of shows a year worldwide, they have forged their sound in clubs, festivals and on the sun-drenched beaches of Negril. Their sound is firmly planted in the roots of Jamaican music and culture, encompassing rock steady, reggae, and elements of dancehall and dub.
The Edjacated Phools is a six-piece fusion band, combining an energetic blend of rock, reggae, hip-hop, ska, and alternative influences, based in Baltimore. The band played its first show in January of 2015, and since then have had the privilege of playing alongside several accomplished national artists, including: Wyclef Jean, The Expendables, Badfish, Jesse Royal, Coolio, The Green, The Movement, Cappadonna (of Wu-Tang Clan), Big Something, Bumpin Uglies, RDGLDGRN, Roots Of Creation, Tropidelic, People’s Blues of Richmond, and Passafire.
**Please note: The Taproom/FoodWorks will be closing at 3 p.m. to prep for the party. We’ll reopen at 4 p.m. to ticketholders.**